Monday, December 12, 2011

I went Saturday to TG Canoe and Kayak in San Marcos, Texas, to pick up my new slate colored Coosas.  It was great to be able to talk with Duane at TG, and if you are ever in the area I would recommend you stop in and meet him.  He is very knowledgeable and will help you choose the boat that is right for you.
Anyway, I quickly loaded them into my truck and hit the road.  Even though it was only about 48 degrees (cold for me here in Texas), I had to take my new yaks out on the water.  I took my father-in-law with me, who loves river fishing, but has never had the opportunity to fish out of a Coosa.  He has two bad knees and a bad hip, so the high/low seat is perfectly comfortable for him.

I wasn't too concerned about catching fish myself, I just wanted to put my Coosas on the water, but I did want to put him on a few nice Central Texas River Bass.  It took us more time to ready our gear than it did to ready the Coosas for the water.  In the short time we were on the water, we had a blast.  I was able to put him on a couple nice fish including a nice, fat, 22 inch largemouth, which he caught on his P. H. Kellner - Custom Rods(www.phkellner.com) and successfully released.  In my excitement, I completely forgot to take pictures of myself and the fish I caught.  Oh well...there will be more than one next time...


1 comment:

  1. Great fish! I am a bit jealous of the southern states this time of year. Well done. Found your blog via OBN and now following.

    ReplyDelete