Thursday, May 31, 2012

Achievments

Well today is the last day of Every Day in May.  Click the link and read about it if you don't know what it is.  It wasn't easy writing this many posts.  Well writing them wasn't that hard, but actually getting them up on the blog was a little difficult.  Everything from a trip down the Devils River to a trip out East to Georgia created problems, but somehow I got it done. 
Here are a few highlights from the month:
Home Waters - Your "home waters" might not be the best fishing, but they can have the most meaning.
The Importance of Current to the River and the Impact of Dams - The title describes this perfectly.
What Rods to Choose - Breaking your rod choices down for Kayak Fishing
Five Best Bass Anglers and Five Most Important to Kayak Bass Fishing - Lists of the top 5
Bugs and Bass - An overlooked productive and fun technique for catching bass
Runoff in Our Rivers - Pollution in our freshwater
Fishing Philosophy - Why do you fish?


On June 2nd I will participate in the 2012 Kayak Anglers Tournament Series Classic.  This was an achievement that I am not afraid to admit that I am proud of.  Out of the 78 kayak anglers who competed this year, only 15 qualified for the Classic (the championship of our sport.)  I was able to finish in the top ten of the points standings by having a top ten finish in each of the first three events.  Finishing in the top ten overall in the regular season automatically qualified you for the classic.  The final five anglers were chosen from a wildcard event, in which they had to finish in the top five. 
Here are some write ups on how I was able to qualify:

Lake Bastrop
Fayette
Lake Travis

I will write up how the Classic goes, so don't worry about that.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck at the classic and congrats on qualifying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally catching up on blogging/blog reading, so sorry for the belated post....but good luck Pat. I hope you crushed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Drew. I did ok at the tournament. Not great, but ok. Those days happen I guess. I will do a write up soon.

      Delete