Saturday, April 2, 2011

Fish Tattoo

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Well...this is my first blog post, I hope you enjoy it.

This morning I woke up thinking about my day yesterday.  It wasn't too bad.  The sun was out and I could feel it warming my skin as I drove to HEB with the windows down in my truck.  I went to pick up some watermelon for my wife while she was at work.  Of coarse I had to get something for myself too, so I wandered into the beer isle.  What did I see there?  I saw that Shiner (www.shiner.com) had a new beer out.  A summer beer, and it was hot, and I had a watermelon in one hand, so you know I was going to try it.  The name of it is Shiner Ruby Redbird, and it is brewed with Ruby Red grapefruit grown in the Rio Grande Valley here in Texas and ginger.  I was afraid, I am not gonna lie, I usually hate beers brewed with fruit.  But...it was good.  Very good. 

The only way I can describe it is a blend of grapefruit juice, ginger ale, and beer.  I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised, most of what Shiner brews is good stuff.  It was a perfect beer for the day.  We ended up griling burgers, pitching washers, and hangin out on the back porch with our neighbors (my sister and her husband).

After dinner, I decided it was finally time to do what I have been wanting to do for a long time.  Go get my tattoo.  It is going to be a Guadalupe Bass, the State Fish of Texas. It will look something like these:


I went and talked to the artist, put my deposit down, and scheduled my appointment.  Tuesday at 2:30.  It is going to be about 12" long in order to get all the little details in.  I just can't decide on the location,  either the inside of my forearm or on the back of my calf. What do y'all think?

And, P. H. Kellner - Quality Custom Fishing (www.phkellner.com) is doing well.  I delivered six rod repairs yesterday and today I delivered a 10 weight saltwater fly rod.  Here are a couple pictures of the fly rod.


It has a TFO Axiom blank, double cork handles, a double up-locking aluminum reel seat, titanium over-sized stripping guides, and titanium snake guides and tip.  It sure feels nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment