Friday, May 11, 2012

Fishing (Or Lack There-Of)

I spent a few days on the Devils River, away from civilization.  There was no cell phone service, so there was no way for me to keep up with my Every Day in May.  As promised, I would still write on those days and post them when I got back.  I wanted to write about each days experience while also tying it into the topic for that day.  This is the post from May 5th:

This post is supposed to be about fishing, but I want to tie it in to what I am doing each day while I am away from a computer. So, here you go...

Well, I have met everyone who will be traveling down the Devils with us for the TV show.  The whole crew is cool.  Drew Gregory, Brooks, and I had an experience just driving from San Antonio to the Bed and Breakfast.

This post is supposed to be about fishing, but it is actually about the lack of fishing that occurred today!  Haha.  We had five kayaks, two Jackson Coosas and three Big Tunas, strapped in the bed of my truck for the 3.5 or 4 hours of driving.  I don't know how many stops we made during that trip.  Lets count, The first stop was at Bass Pro Shops in San Antonio.  Stop number two was in Boerne looking for an ATM.  So was stop number three.  Stop number 4 was in Kerrville at a Kerrville Kayak and Canoe.  Stop 5 was at Gibson's for some Drag Chain, what Brooks called "hippie soap," and Ice Cream.  Stop 6 was at Garvin Store for some Jerky and Dried Sausage.  Stop 7 was at my house.  Stop 8 was at Lowes (formerly Super S) for some tortillas and a restroom break.  Stop 9 was when the gas light dinged and we had to turn around to make it to a gas station.  Stop 10 was to fill up with gas in Rocksprings.  Stop 11 was to turn around because we passed Marleen's Bed and Breakfast.  Stop 11 was our destination!!!  Finally!!!  At 9:45 PM!!!  So, yeah...no fishing today!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't get to fish on May 5 either -- I had a feeling that if I chose "fishing" as that day's prompt, that is the last activity I would be engaged in, and, I was unfortunately correct. Good post. Looking forward to the rest.

    ReplyDelete