Thursday, March 8, 2012

Darkfin Black OPS Gloves Review


I recently received three Darkfin Products; the DarkfinGloves, the Black O.P.S. Gloves, and the Split-Toe Bootees.  Darkfin is made by Black Lagoon Products, who is a family owned company based in Knoxville, TN.  Those who run the company are extremely helpful and easy to work with.  I was excited to give each product a try and see how they performed while Kayak Fishing.  Here is my review of each product:

                These were the surprise of the bunch.  I really thought that they would just be in the way, and I would not want to wear them while fishing.  I could not have been more wrong.  They provided extra grip to hold the wet paddle while I was moving around the lake and river.  The grip of the gloves also helps to hold onto the handle of the rods when they became wet from water splashing over the boat.  I was confident and comfortable holding the rods all day.  I was very afraid that wearing the gloves would prevent me from being able to re-tie my knots and change lures quickly (something that is a must in tournament fishing.)  I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could tie a knot just as easily with the Black O.P.S. gloves on as with out.  One last thing I was afraid of with the wearing the gloves was that I would lose my “feel.”  I was concerned that I would not be able to detect the light bite of a lethargic bass.  Again, I was wrong.  I even found myself throwing a Carolina-Rig and feeling every rock, tree, and piece of grass that my line hit under the water.  I do not think that I missed one fish picking up my soft plastic either.  Like I said these were really a surprise and something I will enjoy.  Here are a couple pictures of me wearing the Black O.P.S. glove out on the lake:

Other related posts:
Darkfin Gloves Review
Darkfin Split-Toe Bootee Review

No comments:

Post a Comment