Thursday, March 8, 2012

Darkfin Split-Toe Bootee Review


I recently received three Darkfin Products; the DarkfinGloves, the Black O.P.S. Gloves, and the Split-Toe Bootees.  Darkfin is made by Black Lagoon Products, who is a family owned company based in Knoxville, TN.  Those who run the company are extremely helpful and easy to work with.  I was excited to give each product a try and see how they performed while Kayak Fishing.  Here is my review of each product:

                The Split-Toe Bootees are made from the same custom latex blend as the Darkfin Gloves, these bootees fit perfectly on me feet.  When I first put them on, I was amazed at how comfortable they were.  It felt like I did not have anything on my feet.  They are extremely light weight, and do not get water logged like a pair of shoes will.  I could not wait to try them out in my kayak.  I paddle Jackson Coosa and Cuda Kayaks depending on where I am fishing.  Both kayaks are made to stand in while you fish.  As you can imagine the standing platforms of the kayaks can get very wet during a day of fishing.  Standing on wet plastic balancing over cold water can be a little nerve wracking sometimes, especially if the water is choppy and a strong wind is blowing.  Footwear that grips is a must.  The Split-Toe Bootees performed exactly as I would want them too.  The 100 or so tiny “nodules” that were put on the bottom of the bootees helped me “stick” even more on the wet plastic.  These things are awesome, and I am sure they will be my day trip kayaking shoes from now on.

2 comments:

  1. The other two darkfin products I'm not sure I would use (Maybe the black OPS gloves), but these sound like the perfect thing for kayaking! I usually use Krocs since they float if you lose one and they still grip pretty well, but these sound great. Question is, do they keep your feet at least sort of warm on cold days?

    Thanks for the review!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, no. They don't really keep your feet warm.

    ReplyDelete