Friday, May 11, 2012

Praying

I spent a few days on the Devils River, away from civilization.  There was no cell phone service, so there was no way for me to keep up with my Every Day in May.  As promised, I would still write on those days and post them when I got back.  I wanted to write about each days experience while also tying it into the topic for that day.  This is the post from May 6th:


Praying to me is pretty much time I spend talking to God.  So yeah, it is time well spent.  I try and pray all the time, however I don't always pray like I should.  Fishermen often pray for fish, kayakers pray for safe travels.  Today, though both fishing and kayaking were both taking place, I spent most of my time praying for the family I was not able to contact.


You don't realize how much you will miss your family until you are unable to contact them.  I miss my son, I miss my wife.  I hope they are ok and I know they are praying the same for me.  So...tonight after I write this post, I will spend most of my time praying for them.
Day 1 on the River - Campsite
Update for today's journey:  We got to the river today.  Finally after several hours of filming and packing the kayaks, we all hit the water.  The water is down and much of our time was spent dragging heavily loaded Big Tunas through the shallow rapids, but it was fun.

Every Day in May Devils River Trip Posts
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4

No comments:

Post a Comment