Friday, May 11, 2012

Grining and Laughing with New Friends

I spent a few days on the Devils River, away from civilization.  There was no cell phone service, so there was no way for me to keep up with my Every Day in May.  As promised, I would still write on those days and post them when I got back.  I wanted to write about each days experience while also tying it into the topic for that day.  This is the post from May 9th:

I met some new people that traveled down the Devils River with me.  And I would consider them friends now.  Even though the weather has been uncooperative and we ran into difficult situations, we have spent most of our time grinning and laughing.  A few days fighting nature while traveling down a river will turn strangers into friends quickly.  Thanks to everyone who went, I had a blast.

Day 4 was take out day.  It was a short day on the river after passing night 3 camping spot, kinda a relaxing day compared to the rest.  Time to load up and start heading for home!

Every Day in May Devils River Trip
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3

No comments:

Post a Comment