Friday, May 11, 2012

Working

I spent a few days on the Devils River, away from civilization.  There was no cell phone service, so there was no way for me to keep up with my Every Day in May.  As promised, I would still write on those days and post them when I got back.  I wanted to write about each days experience while also tying it into the topic for that day.  This is the post from May 7th:
The Low Water Crossing we had to portage came on Day 2 - Good place to get more water!

Working.  This is the perfect topic for today.  All I did was work.  As you know by know, I am heading down the Devils River with a film crew, helping to film a TV show.  Sound like fun?  Well actually, it is work!  It is fun work though.  But I did spend almost all of Day 2 working.
Brooks and Drew along with A Coosa and a Big Tuna we took down River
The water on the Devils River is down and there are plenty of shallow waters on your second day on the river to begin with.  So, I spent most of the day dragging a Big Tuna loaded down with tons of gear and a sound guy over sharp limestone rocks.  Both the kayak and I got pretty cut up, but made it through.  I am actually surprised at how well the Big Tuna floated and held up.  Not many boats would make it though what I put it though today.


I also learned how much work goes into the making of a TV show.  I am excited to see what happens with this.
Some of the pretty water from Day 2

Every Day in May - Devils River Trip Posts
Day 1
Day 3
Day 4

No comments:

Post a Comment